avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject LogEnabled
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:36:47 GMT

While migrating cocoon to LogEnabled I realized that not even
Excalibur is LogEnabled yet. So question is how to do a smooth
transition? Anyone a migration plan yet? (IMHO there should be
one before deprecating anything)

Problem is: changing excalibur will probably affect quite some
projects. Unfortunately AbstractLoggable and AbstractLogEnabled
both have a getLogger() method but return a different class.
So we cannot have a AbstractLogEnabledLoggable to make an easy
transition.

So I fear we would need a wrapper class for all public components.

for cocoon at least the
 - ExcaliburComponentManager
 - DefaultRoleManager
 - ComponentHandler

Something like a LogEnbledExcaliburComponentManager extending
AbstractLogEnabled implenting all the ExcaliburComponentManager's
interfaces and delegating the method calls.

What do you guys think?
Any other idea?
--
Torsten