avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Holger Faltinsky/Denic" <faltin...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Re: <logs> <category name"" target="default" .... />
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:24:50 GMT
On 27.12.01 13:52 Mircea Toma <mirceatoma@home.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 27 December 2001 08:26 am, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > one question regarding the server.xml (now the environment.xml):
> > [..]
> > <logs>
> >      <category name="" target="default" priority="DEBUG" />
> >      <category name="try" target="try-target" priority="DEBUG" />
> >
> >      <log-target name="default" location="/logs/socket.log" />
> >      <log-target name="try-target" location="/logs/try.log" />
> > </logs>
> > [..]
> > How is it possible to get access to the /logs/try.log-File?
> > If a Blockclass extends AbstractLoggable, "getLogger" is enough to get
> > access to the "default"-target. That works fine with the other blocks.
>
> You should extend AbstractLogEnabled because AbstractLoggable is
deprecated
> (it should still work though).

Okay, will give it a try.

> > But for the "try", it doesn't work. I already tried the
> > DefaultLogKitManager (getLogger(String categoryName)), but
unfortunately I
> > only get an NullPointerException at that point.
>
> I don't understand how you have access to DefaultLogKitManager?

DefaultLogKitManager out of the excalibur package and it's public. So no
problem to get access to that class.

What I want do to:
------------------
I would like pipe the "normal" log-comments to the log-target "default"
(see above).
Other specific log-comments I would like to get in an other log.

What I would like to get:
-------------------------
Logger my_Logger1 = ....getLogger(default-target)...;
Logger my_Logger2 = ....getLogger(try-target)...;
my_Logger1.info("....");
my_Logger2.info("....");

> > Any idea?
>
> If you want Phoenix to use DefaultLogKitManager internally you have to
add
> version="1.1" attribute to the logging configuration ( <logs version
="1.1">
> ... ).
>
> Let me know if this works for you!

Still I get a NullPointerException from the getLogger-Method of the
DefaultLogKitManager-class.
To use the DefaultLogKitManager was just an idea. There should be a simple
solution for that.

Holger

<mailto:avalon-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>