avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JdbcDataSource pool
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:40:26 GMT
Ronan-Yann Lorin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Avalon/Exvalibur and manage to use it in a new project. It will
> be a Java server side application running in a servlet container. My first
> need is to have a connection pooling package (and a server framework).
> Avalon looks interesting for this duty.
>
> I tried the datasource package (which I like for it's xml configuration
> file). It gives me very poor performances with my JSP test page. I suspect
> it's because of the datasource component opening/closing JDBC connections
> and not working as a classical connection pool (get/release).
>
> What would be the right solution?

There can be a number of reasons for this.  I was in the midst of making fixes,
but am officially out of time (my boss read me the riot act).

Can you tell me exactly what your issues are?

How are you setting up the Connection Pool?

Are you instantiating a new pool on every request?  If so, no wonder!
Please post some more specifics regarding how you are using it in your system.
You can hide the actual queries and change the connection info when you post.
I am concerned with methodology--it could be something you are not doing right.

> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Ronan-Yann Lorin  tél: +33 610 927 199
> 3, Allée des Hirondelles tél: +33 134 506 034
> 95220 Herblay   mailto:ronan-yann@lorin.nom.fr
> France    http://lorin.nom.fr
>

> --
>
> .