avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Servlet Example
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:56:49 GMT
Stephen

>>>[bay]
>>>
>>It might be fatal Stephen (i.e. start again).
>>

>I'm tempted to agree :-).
>Which leads to the question - what's the benefit of keeping
>avalon-bay in cornerstone?

Probably little.  The xdocs are being created to illustrate that in it
current form it will not work.  It worked with 4.01 but not with
4.02beta1.  I might go back to the Tomcat team and ask for their help,
but they are generally not pro Avalon.

>>There is the excellent Jo! ( http://www.tagtraum.com/jo.html) it is 99%
>>finsihed.
>>

>Have download, build and played around a little. As a static web
>server is ready to roll.  There is something interesting happening
>with a servlet I dropped in place before dinner - some XML related
>error which is preventing it from loading - the interesting bit is
>the log file has grown from nothing to around 35Mb while
>eating ... :-)  Guess I'll have to look into that!  Aside from that
>little anomaly it looks good.  Does anyone know how the LGPL
>license compares with the Apache license ?

Try moving servlet.jar to Phoenix's lib/ dir (so it is commonly visible).

As for LGPL, though Apache would never start a project as LGPL, I think
the is no legal problem as a) the code is maintained elsewhere and b) it
is GPL rather than LGPL that has the issue about "oither" license types.
 JAMES already used Dnsjava and it is LGPL.

Regards,

- Paul H