avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Oficial Policy For Component Interfaces
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:33:56 GMT
Berin,

> Either way the effect is the same.
>
> Should I have the ability to change a lifecycle interface without it
> being
> concidered backwards incompatible.

Sorry dude, I'm still not quite there.  It is not so much of a
declaration as an ambiguity.  This from me being the worst master of the
English language in this mail list.

Is the declaration? : We will try not change any of the lifecycle
methods from now on for Components.  If we do, we *will* maintain
backwards compatibility.

If you had to ask me (again Excalibur is not my area). I would say do
not bother worrying.  We have less than ten publicly known about
projects based on Avalon.  There are less than 30 in total I guess.  If
we were talking about the servlet API there would be war if backwards
compatibility were not maintained.

Regards,

- Paul