avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Oficial Policy For Component Interfaces
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:16:47 GMT
Concidering the fact that most Avalon systems automatically determine the lifecycles
of the components, I am wondering if we should strive to maintain 100% backwards
compatibility for lifecycle interfaces.  The issue is brought to light due to the
LogEnabled interface.

Should it be concidered backwards compatible for a *Component* to change it's lifecycle
interfaces?

VOTE HERE:

PLEASE NOTE:
This does not apply to regular classes and containers.  This is only for Components,
which typically have automated mechanisms for starting them up.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin