avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Profiler hooks
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:00:55 GMT
Chad Stansbury wrote:

> I think it is important to distinguish between profiling and
> *instrumenting*.  The discussion being held up to this point is really about
> instrumenting the code - so the Profilable interface is, IMO, a bit of a
> misnomer.  I think it should be renamed Instrumentable.
>
> Thoughts?

It makes sense.  The name Profiler, et. al. was derived from the SEDA architecture,
and the mistaken nomencature was passed on.  Once we get to an arrangement for the
architecture that we like, we can start changing the names.

But you are correct, this is *instrumenting* the code.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin