avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [Code Freeze] Avalon should be in code freeze (was Re: *Temporarily* relenting and moving on.)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 14:17:31 GMT
I realized my last post should have had a new title so as not to be lost.
Please come up with issues for Avalon Framework--and we will decide if it
is a showstopper, a minor but allowable change (spelling/correction of
documentation), or something that will be placed on hold.

The CVS should have 100% back compatible code.  If this is not the case,
please alert me ASAP.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:26, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> I will commit it in the morning if all are in favor (it's on my machine
>>> at work).
>>

> I don't know why that email didn't go through.  Anyway, we have our
> configuration
> back to normal.  Are there any more open issues that need to be resolved
> _prior_
> to Avalon 4.1 release?
>
> * Configuration      - Resolved
> * ComponentValidator - On Hold
> * Logger             - Incorporated
> * Developer's Docs   - Updated
>

> Pending any unresolved issues, Avalon Framework should now be considered in
> Code Freeze.  It will remain so until the weekend is over, and I will
> make the
> release on Monday.  The only type of contributions that should be made to
> Avalon 4.1 are documentation spelling fixes.  The only types of changes to
> the code should be Javadoc spelling fixes.
>
> We have the weekend to come up with any showstoppers, so fire away!

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin