avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Reasons for converting to Avalon
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:07:11 GMT
Peter,

>I use different bits for different reasons. I use logkit, and parts of
>excalibur just got because they are little components that fill a small
>focused need. I try to stay away from components with two many dependencies.
>
>When I use Phoenix it is mainly just because of the ease of development and
>RAD like features it provides.
>
>I use Framework so I have to think less. Usually if I am doing something
>stupid Framework will make it difficult for me ;) Usually this alerts me to
>the fact that I should be doing it a different way (whether I actually do it
>a different way is another thing altogether). That said there is areas in
>Framework I don't like and have never used or only use rarely - But because
>it is relatively easy to ignore those bits - I do ;)

We should make a testemonials page.  Though for Peter quoting, it's a
bit like buying your own products to boost sales figures.

>>I have just managed to interest Alexis Agahi in Avalon for
>>his excellent Jabber Server app, so all is not so bad.
>>

>kool - link ?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabaserver

Alexis is still reading Avalon docs and looking at examples.  He's very
interested though.  I'll offer to help him convert it, but I think he
won;t need the help.

Regards,

- Paul H