avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Synergies between Avalon and Commons projects (was: Re: Breaking Excalibur into smaller swords)
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:40:32 GMT
On Tue, 25 Dec 2001 17:59, Jeff Turner wrote:
> Of course, it *could* happen, and did happen in the case of httpclient,
> where the API got changed under the feet of the Slide people. In that
> case, we do what Remy &co. did; complain :) And it all got sorted
> in the end.

Thats the problem. Remy had to do oodles more work for relatively little
benefit in the end. I am not sure if I was subscribed for the whole thing but
I recall that it went on for ages where Slide was broken enough that they
ended up forking back to original code. I have enough work on my plate as it
is and have no want to add more work.

--
Cheers,

Pete

| Programming today is a race between software engineers  |
| striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof         |
| programs,and the universe trying to produce bigger and  |
| better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.         |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |