avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Moving classes to Jakarta Commons
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 02:53:15 GMT
On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 03:40:45PM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> >I propose to move the following packages to Jakarta Commons:
> >
> >1) org.apache.avlaon.excalibur.collections
> >2) org.apache.avalon.excalibur.concurrent
>
> 3) org.apache.avalon.excalibur.cli

4) org.apache.avalon.excalibur.io

(That code has no dependencies except on java.io)

> >Please, all *committers*, place your vote here:

..where I think +1 should mean:

 - joining commons-dev,
 - learning what they have that overlaps with what we're donating.
 - actively help merge the best of what the two camps already have. If
   'merging' means breaking backwards-compatibility, call a [VOTE] back
   in Avalon, with the likely outcome that the code gets withdrawn from
   Commons)
 - supporting Commons users of the code

+1 on cli, io and collections. +0 on concurrent (threading is scary
stuff;).

--Jeff