avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.avalon.excalibur.container
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 23:58:00 GMT
On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 05:48, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Peter, I think this package in Scratchpad came from you.  I was
> wondering what your intentions were for it.  I am planning on
> separating the Container portion of ExcaliburComponentManager
> into a separate location--merely using the ComponentManager as
> it was originally intended as a way to map existing components
> to the Container's choice for implementation.

kool.

> I want to create something where any project can extend the
> Container, and take on it's properties--so the hard work will
> be done.

okies.

> That package name would be perfect for what I want to do, but
> I don't want to step on what you are doing.  Where your intentions
> similar, or did you have something else in mind?

It is used in Phoenix and it is basically the remanents of a framework for
creating containers (ie Atlantis + Camelot packages). It is still needed so
probably can't delete it just yet. I would prefer if it didn't change
packages for the moment. When ECMs container is extracted and you propose it
for main trunk and not scratchpad then we can reasses. For now just chuck it
in a new packafge.

--
Cheers,

Pete