avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AsyncLogTarget: Can not write to closed target ...
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:02:39 GMT
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:58, Bachran, Michael wrote:
> I got a problem with the asnychronous target. It always states it can not
> write to a closed stream. It does not override the processEvent method in
> AbstractTarget and therefore checks the isOpen flag! Does it need to? It
> can be overridden in AsyncLogTarget not to check, but to check if the
> consuming thread is running I patched it locally by setting the flag to
> true at the beginning of the run method of the AsyncLogTarget:

Wierd. Works fine on one of my projects but looking at the code it shouldn't
work at all. Hmmm. Any I fixed this (actually moved open() into constructor)
and I also wrapped the delegation of log event in a try-catch block to stop
it ending the thread.

Could you make sure these things work for you? I won't be able to test it
till the weekend but it looks like it should work.

--
Cheers,

Pete