avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <jeremias.mae...@outline.ch>
Subject Re: Date Formatter for LogKitManagement
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:18:41 GMT
Hi Peter

Thanks for the getRTime() method! I've attached a Java class that
subclasses PatternFormatter to provide corrected relative, formatted
times. Sorry, that I didn't provide a proper patch, but I don't have the
time right now to do it properly. I hope you'll excuse me.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:03:10 +1100 Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:27, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Well, if you guys are discussing date formatting issues, I'd like to
> > bring up something myself. I didn't have the time, yet, to make a patch
> > (SORRY!), but to fix a little problem it would by handy if there was
> > also a getRTime() method for relative timestamps. When formatting
> > relative timestamps the timezone information is irrelevant and results
> > in not so beatiful values to be printed out (+/- n hours) . Yes, I know,
> > this is a minor thing, but it would be nice to have and quick to
> > implement. What do you think?
>
> I like. I added in a getRTime() method and am awaiting the patch to pretty
> print the output if a parameter is specified ;)

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch