avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: [Code Freeze] Avalon should be in code freeze (was Re: *Temporarily* relenting and moving on.)
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 11:37:28 GMT
On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:17:31AM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I realized my last post should have had a new title so as not to be lost.
> Please come up with issues for Avalon Framework--and we will decide if it
> is a showstopper, a minor but allowable change (spelling/correction of
> documentation), or something that will be placed on hold.

One issue: DefaultConfigurationSerializer doesn't output xmlns:*
elements. Feed it:

<x:foo xmlns:x="http://myco.com/documentation"/>

and you'll get out:

<x:foo/>

I'm not sure how to fix it. Just generate xmlns attributes and hope
javax.xml.transform.sax.TransformerHandler can handle them? Will play
tomorrow..

Also, Configuration javadocs need updating to reflect:
 - the constructor flag system for determining if namespaces are used
 - the removal of Namespace
 - how getChild("foo:bar") is the non-namespace equivalent of
   getChild("bar").

I'll do that tomorrow.

Btw, namespace support has worked out really nicely.. good work those
involved :)

--Jeff