avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Development Strategies
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:06:46 GMT
I can help with the Testing strategies using Mock Objects (very well
suited for unit testing Avalon components). I have already submitted
some code in a past email showing how it works. I don't have a lot of
time on the writing side, but I can certainly help with feedback as I'm
doing it on a production project now.

Thanks
-Vincent

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: 10 December 2001 19:19
To: Avalon Developers List
Subject: Development Strategies

After releasing Framework, I want to start adding a new chapter to the
Developing with Avalon
book.  This chapter focuses on strategies used in Avalon development.
This includes Logging
Strategies, Testing Strategies, Parallel Development Strategies, and
Security Strategies.

I would like to have more community help on this chapter--but I will
slowly add to it as I
have time.  When there is enough information in the chapter, we will
officially incorporate
it as a Chapter in the Developing with Avalon book.

Technically, I *could* add the new chapter now as it would not be built
until I include it
in the book.xml and index.xml files.  I will *not* be doing that at this
time because we
are in Code freeze.  I look forward to when we can get 4.1 out the door.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:avalon-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>