avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: Servlet Example
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2001 15:07:57 GMT

Maxi L wrote:

> I'm new to Avalon, i would like to know what all i need to run a simple
> Servlet in phoenix.
> Do i need to plug-in servlet/jsp engine into phoenix?

Correct.
You would need to write a block that implemets a sevlet engine.

> how?

A project called EAS was started about a year ago but appears to have
folded.  The object was to provide a comprehensive set of Phoenix based
services. I don't know the detailed status (nothing posted on the site for
several months).  http://eas.betaversion.org/index.jsp
There is also the cornerstone "avalon-bay" activities.  Its a starting point
but needs substantial work to bring it to an operation service.

> if so why i need a phoenix? what r the advantages using phoenix over
> other web servers/application servers?

>From my point of view Phoenix is well architected and the quality of the
code is high. It leverages the pricipals and concepts of IOC and is an
excellent reference implementation.

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell, OSM sarl
digital products for a global economy