avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: Propper way to shut down avalon.
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 00:39:30 GMT

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:57, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> I was wondering what the "normal" way to shut down the JVM is in
> Phoenix. I could not locate any other shutdown functionality.

and Pete replied with:
> Well the "normal" way is to call Embeddor.shutdown().
> Unfortunately at this stage there is no real mechanism to do this
> from outside the JVM. I actually have a local version that allows
> you to send a command of tcp to shutdown server but have yet to
> clean up the code, secure it and check it in.
>
> Eventually you will be able to shutdown the server via JMX but this is
> something I am working on now - so it may take a while ;)

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm interested in seeing a
formal interface to Phoenix that would allow me to handle things like
start-up and shutdown independently of JMX.  Specifically, we are
currently forcing shutdown inside a block listener over CORBA IIOP
(yes, I know you think listeners shouldn't do anything interesting
but je m'en fiche - that's reality).

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell, OSM sarl
digital products for a global economy