avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <ne...@apache.org>
Subject RE: getting configuration from ExcaliburTestCase
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 20:13:27 GMT

I just committed an example where this would be useful:
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.i18n.test.DefaultBundleMatcherTestCase and the
corresponding .xtest file.
The issue here is that usually the lifecycle of BundleMatcher
inplementations would be managed by BundleSelector. However, in the test, I
don't want to go through BundleSelector, I want to bypass that and test only
BundleMatcher implementation, not BundleSelector.

So, AFAISee, my testcase needs to manage the lifecycle and for that I need
some configuration data...
If this issue could be solved otherwise, I'm all ears. :-)

On a similar note, I saw some object factory implementations in excalibur.
Are there any benefits in favor of using those instead of doing directly
classForName() in my code (as I'm doing right now in some places)? Would
they manage the lifecycle for me?

What will happen if I lookup a component through manager, would save it
somewhere and would look up another one. It would return the same instance,
as there is only one instance per component in manager, correct?

Willing to learn better ways of doing things,
Neeme

PS It would work for everybody.