avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <neeme.pr...@one.ee>
Subject RE: getting configuration from ExcaliburTestCase
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2001 22:05:44 GMT

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
> Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 10:35 PM
> Subject: Re: getting configuration from ExcaliburTestCase

[...snipped some excellent explanations...]

Thanks for the explanations, that clarified a lot of things.

Going forward, in ExcaliburTestCase javadoc, there is an example
configuration given. Is there somewhere also a some documentation about the
meaning of this configuration markup? I can quess the meaning and use of
some of it, but I'm still in complete darkness about the use of some other
tags. For example:
* what is the use of <hint> element (child element of <role>)?
* how is the <context> element used?
* the whole <logkit> configuration element is quite complicated with the
notion of factories, targets and categories. I more-or-less understand all
of them, but some doc on configuring all of that would be good... but that
could be said about all the documentation, probably :-)
* as I understand, <components> element is used to configure different
instances of components, right?

Neeme