avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: JDBC setCatalog(..)
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:48:58 GMT
Did some research:
"catalogs" are the same as "databases". The MySQL driver lists
all the databases when getCatalogs() is called.

Methods like Connection.getCatalog() should return the database
which the driver is currently connected to. Connection.setCatalog
(String database) should connect to the specified database.
The MySQL driver implements get/setCatalog() as well as getCatalogs().
Supporting catalogs is necessary for my database tool to list
the databases available etc.

So long
Gerhard