avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "James Bombed" <james_bom...@hotmail.com>
Subject DefaultPacketHandler problem Phoenix release 4.0
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:43:24 GMT
I am converting my code from the unreleased phoenix/cornerstone to the
released phoenix and the latest version cornerstone.
DefaultPacketManager is used in the code. Int the pre release configuration
it didn't do much - I suspect it was an error on my part.  Packets would
come   in and the handler would not be invoked. I tested it using some
command-line generated packets.
In the release configuration the DefaultPacketManager fails with the
following stack trace

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
	at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.packet.DefaultPacketManager.connect(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.packet.DefaultPacketManager.connect(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandler.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:91)
	at $Proxy1.connect(Unknown Source)
	at
com.wfl.imserver.blocks.messageconnection.MessageConnectionImpl.initialize(Unknown
Source)	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:200)

which I am pretty damn sure is not my fault. Any workaround suggestions?

As I am doing the conversion from unreleased to released code I may as well
submit to differences/strange behaviours to bugzilla. Where is the avalon
bugzilla and where can I get an ID?

Bill Logan