avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: unsubscribing for now
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:47:04 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> Are you saying that you want loggers in different applications to use the
> same logger instance and one application to provide the other? Or something
> outside of Phoenixx to dictate the Logger used ?
> They both result in the same results (both apps log to same logger) but the
> first style violates IOC while the second doesn't

Yes, obviously. Perhaps IoC can be thought of as a tree. If you want to
share data between two nodes you have to find a common ancestor and pass
it down from there. So in Phoenix component A cannot talk to component
B. What we did to rectify this was to use a JMS message queue system.
Our components pull messages from the queues they're responsible for and
put them into other queues, when they want to talk to other components.
So the message queue is basically the common ancestor node that controls
everything and it is a data-driven application :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung