avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [phoenix] Mock UI for Management Console
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:45:34 GMT
 > XML, XSL , LTPJB, XUL

Is not Stefano's cryptic parting words of wisdom hinting (amongst other
things) that we should avoid new solutions when existing ones will work.
 I.e. build a classic facade API for management of Phoenix, build
presentation layers with that using existing technologies.  (Servlets,
JSP, struts ; Swing).  Just because we can develop fancy & perfect
solution using markup languges does not necessarily mean that the
existing technologies are wrong.  After all, we are all pushed for time.

    "Your scientists were so pre-occupied with whether or not they could
they didn't stop to think if they should" - Jurassic Park quote.

- Paul