avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xdocs for cornerstone/apps/*
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:08:55 GMT
Peter,

I trying again to get xdocs building for sub-projects in apps.  I'm not
having much luck.

I've installed Ant and added the two missing jars. ( I prefer the
built-in route to be honest )

*Achievments*

1) In jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/apps/hsql/ "ant xdocs_alt" works as
promised.

*Problems*

1) In jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/  doing "ant hsql xdocs_alt" leaves
${apps-target}unset.  The build.bat/sh file was setting this.

    I guess this is indicating that all permutations must be expanded
into targets in the top level :-(

2) In jakarta-avalon-cornerstone/  doing "build hsql xdocs_alt" leaves
${tools.dir}still relative, but wrong.  I've tried passing the property
up like so...

  <target name="hsql" depends="compile" description="Delegates to
build.xml in apps/hsql">
    <ant antfile="build.xml" dir="apps/hsql" target="${apps-target}"
inheritall="false">
      <property name="tools.dir" value="../../${tools.dir}"/>
    </ant>
  </target>

... but it is not changing anything, the property is still relatively
wrong.

Any ideas?

- Paul H