avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ReVote] Mail list for AvalonDB
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:40:17 GMT
Tom,

> Actually, I'll take commit access right now, thank you very much.  :)

:-)

> BTW, the voting process here differs from the dbXML list in that
> anyone on the dbXML lists, commiter or not, gets to vote.  Personally,
> there's already far too much code to consider this an experiment.  If
> you're going to move forward with it, it should probably be done so as
> a separate, Jakarta project...  Including a db (Avalon-based or not)
> as an avalon sub-project would be like trying to place dbXML under the
> Cocoon projects.  While there's a possible relationship there, it's a
> non-exclusive one, that doesn't really warrant a tight bond.

Full project status would be good. Problems 1) the powers that be must
see a few active committers before considering a project at jakarta
level.  2) This might still turn out to be insane ... jakarta has a
section for failed projects!!  I think we're some weeks away from
satisfying requirements to go to the next stage.  Fingers crossed though.

Regard,.

- Paul H