avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cornerstone Release
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:21:51 GMT
Berin,

> We need to make a release of Cornerstone soon.  It is the only
> actively maintained
> project that has not had an official release yet.
>
> After we take care of Framework, I suggest we get busy on making a
> Cornerstone
> release sans AvalonDB since that is in it's infancy.

And probably sans Jesktop too.

Rana moved back to India and is taking some weeks to get himself sorted
before he gets back into FtpServer.

Here's an idea.  Our distributions for Cornerstone are:-

1) Full source with notes as to suitability for use.
2) jars for Cornerstone services and blocks.  All available from the
website, like a directory of components.

  avalon-cornerstone-connectionmanager-block.jar
  avalon-cornerstone-connectionmanager-service.jar
  avalon-cornerstone-masterstore-block.jar
  avalon-cornerstone-masterstore-service.jar
  avalon-cornerstone-threads-block.jar
  avalon-cornerstone-threads-service.jar
  (etc).

Probably even with version numbers in the jar name...

Regards,

- Paul H