avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Introduction of New Committer
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:07:05 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> since you gave me commit access (OK, I more or less asked for it), I
> would really love to introduce myself. As I really like these
> things, I will keep it as short as possible!
>
> My name is Carsten, age 29, married, hometown is Paderborn, Germany.
> I started software development over 15 years ago, using many
> programming languages ranging from Assembler, Basic, Lisp, Self
> to Modula-2, Oberon, Objective-C, C++ and lately Java.
>
> My favourite system is still NeXtstep/Openstep or today known as
> MacOS X Server using Objective-C and all this great OO-classes.
> Since nearly two years, I'm a certified Apple WebObjects trainer
> and I really like WO!
>
> Ok, that's another story, so let's get back. Since middle of last
> year I'm working in our Open Source Competence Center. At the
> same time we started discovering Cocoon 2 and from that on, I tried
> to work on that project as much as I can. Currently I'm trying
> to distribute the upcoming release candidate 2 of Cocoon.
> And now I'm here...
>
> Carsten

"Open Source Competence Center" : I'm really interested in how
opensource can be an integral part of a company's organization.

Could you please describe a little bit more the role of this center in
your company : developmnent, teaching, evangelism, etc. What are its
relationships with other departments : do they input you with functional
requirements that guide the way you contribute on OSS ?

Thanks in advance,
Sylvain.
--
Sylvain Wallez