avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [AvalonDB] soapification <> rmification
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:34:48 GMT
Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> I extended the glue class. Now it should
> create and install the remote object.
>
> side question:
> when I extend the my class from a some
> object and not from AbstractLogger, how
> can I get the Logger???

Loggable/AbstractLoggable are not lost--they are
deprecated.  That being said, they have been superceded
by a new interface/base class:

LogEnabled/AbstractLogEnabled

This allows you to use the new
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger class that
hides the Logging implementation for you.  There are
wrapper classes for each of the major logging packages,
and if you want to write your own simple logger, then
you have the interface to do so.

This alows you to develop with one Logger implementation,
deploy with another--and not have to rewrite your components,
blocks, etc.  The only thing different would be the way
each of the loggers are configured.

> Cheers
> Gerhard

"Those who would trade liberty for