avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:04:02 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:

> > The stylesheet is supposed to be able to convert from DocBook's notion of
> > widths to FO.  In fact, the conversion XSL came from the XSL:FO spec.  Use
> > the '*' notation for proportional widths.  I.e. for one column to be 1/3
> > the width and the other column to be 2/3 the total width, you would use
> this:
> >
> > <column width="*"/>
> > <column width="2*"/>
> >
> > The stylesheet will take care of the rest.
> >

> yes, I agree but what I was saying is that it doesn't seem to work ... some
> recursive error happens ... Have you tried it ?

No.  Can you provide a detailed error report?

> > > Also, do you know if fop supports <simple-link> (what <ulink> is
> transformed
> > > into). Fop gives the following error :
> > >
> > >      [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): Unknown formatting object
> > > http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format^simple-link

I am not sure.  I assumed it would work, and found that it doesn't.  I just
haven't had the time to deal with it.

> > > Thanks for your help.
> > >
> > > Do you know how to debug cocoon2 (see the text in my first post) ?

"Also, is there a cocoon flag to turn on so that I can see the intermediate
generated files (like the xml file resulting from the docbook2fo.xsl
transformation) ? I know this is a cocoon question but you may have used it"

There is a LogTransformer that will send all the SAX events to a file of your
choosing.  You can then figure out what is going on from there.

Alternatively, you can specify URLs that give you the pure XML results of
each step.  IOW, instead of xx.pdf, you would use xx.xml, xx-fo.xml, etc.

--

"Those who would trade liberty for
 temporary security deserve neither"