avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:44:19 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have copied your settings and stylesheets that you use in Avalon to
> generate the documentation (especially the PDF part). Thanks very much for
> that ! I have it working except for generating tables in PDF. Unfortunately,
> there are no tables in the "developing with avalon" XML source so I cannot
> copy a working example ... :)
>
> The generating in HTML works fine (i.e. docbook2body.xsl). However the
> generation to PDF does not print anything (docbook2fo.xsl) ... Have you had
> any success with this ?
>
> Also, is there a cocoon flag to turn on so that I can see the intermediate
> generated files (like the xml file resulting from the docbook2fo.xsl
> transformation) ? I know this is a cocoon question but you may have used it
>
> Here is my table definition :

>         <tgroup cols="2">
>           <colspec colname="c1"/>
>           <colspec colname="c2"/>
>           <tbody>
>             <row>
>               <entry>xxx</entry>
>               <entry>xxx</entry>
>             </row>
>           </tbody>
>         </tgroup>
>      </ltable>

FOP has some limitations that force some markup constraints in
the table.  One of them is that you have to specify width in
the colspec.  The other is that all your information must be
in an enclosing <fo:block/> element.  Therefore, inside your
markup you may want to do something like this:

<row>
</row>

I may have to change the stylesheet to automatically insert the
blocks for me.

> Thanks for any help
> -Vincent
>
> Note: At some point we will need to create a jakarta project that would
> contain all the docbook stylesheets for the Jakarta style ...
>
> --

"Those who would trade liberty for
 temporary security deserve neither"
                - Benjamin Franklin