avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XML Parser availablity for Phoenix components.
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 08:42:32 GMT
Mircea,

>>Of course.  And configured as usual in assembly.xml?
>>

>Yes, if you create a ParserSelector block! Of course the block configuration
>will contain the parsers' configurations.
>Does it make sense ... or doesn't?!

OK, I'm going to create some cornerstone blocks today.

Service :

  DOMDocumentFactory {
    org.w3c.dom.Document createDOMDocument();
    // plus other signatures.
  }

Block :

  XercesDOMBlock extends AbstractLoggable {
    org.w3c.dom.Document createDOMDocument() {
      return new org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl();
    }
  }
  // and other blocks for other DOM parsers meeting the w3c API.

Thoughts?  I could just do it and get comments after the first cut...

- Paul