avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unsubscribing for now
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:40:35 GMT
On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:37, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Leo Sutic wrote:
> > > A quick example: Without breaking IoC I cannot tell Phoenix to use
> > > another app's logger. I must tell the other app to use Phoenix's
> > > logger.
> >
> > That doe snot appear to be a fault of IoC - just a consequence of Phoenix
> > not allowing you to set the system-wide logger component.
>
> So you say it does not violate IoC if I pass the information what logger
> a component uses up the chain and down again to another component?

Are you saying that you want loggers in different applications to use the
same logger instance and one application to provide the other? Or something
outside of Phoenixx to dictate the Logger used ?

They both result in the same results (both apps log to same logger) but the
first style violates IOC while the second doesn't

--
Cheers,

Pete