avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xdocs for cornerstone/apps/*
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:50:07 GMT
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:39, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I'm trying to do some xdocs for the cornerstone apps (starting with
> hsql).  I'm having some problems with ${tools.dir} and it seemingly
> inheriting from the master build.xml for cornerstone (despite
> inheritall="false").  Could you take a look please :-)   The target is
> "build hsql docs" if you could not guess.

Okays - it is actually build.sh that sets the tools.dir directtory like
-Dtools.dir=$AVALON_TOOLS

So as soon as you use build.[sh|bat] then the tools.dir is overidden. Hmmmm.
Have you considered making it work more like the demo/build.xml

The way I build demos is by cd'ing into apps/demo and then just "ant". If you
have a look at the build file you will notice it has a cleverly positioned
antcall back to the base build.xml (ie ../../build.xml) to make sure
cornerstone.jar is built. You could do the same the other apps and then you
would not need to use build.[sh|bat] you coul djust use ant.

yer/no ?

--
Cheers,

Pete