avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hello all
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:05:15 GMT
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:32, Eric Medlock wrote:
> My name is Eric Medlock. I'm interested in seeing how
> I could help out on the Avalon Phoneix project. I have
> experience in Java, JSP, Perl, C/C++, Linux, Unix,
> etc.

welcome

> I know I've got a lot of
> work to do in order to get up to speed and begin
> contributing but it would be very helpful to know a
> few things, such as:
> A) How intense is current development?

depends on when you ask. SOmetimes changes are very rapid while at other
times it is slower. Some parts are "hot" while others are relatively stable
and haven't changed much in a year (or two in some cases).

> B) What do you recommend that I study "first" or
> rather what are the most important technical
> skills/etc. that I should know in order to be able to
> help.

read Berins developers guide at first then possibly go through the phoenix
web pages. After that just start playing with things and ask questions ;)
Find a part you want to do or want to help with and just dig in.

--
Cheers,

Pete