avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: phoenix 4.0a startup problem
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:22:12 GMT
ug. I made a change about 10 minutes before doing release. Tested the source
distribution ... not the binary one as I thought that was safe. That will
teach me ;( I will do another release right now.

The problem is xerces.jar is not included in ${phoenix.home}/lib, if you copy
it there then all should work fine.

BTW Phoenix completely ignores any CLASSPATH you specify to avoid any
versioning issues.

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:06, James Bombed wrote:
> I downloaded and installed the phoenix release (congratulations). However
> the following exception occurs
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/ContentHandler
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.<init>(Defaul
>tDeployer.java:47) at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Native Method)
> 	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:237)
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.createCompone
>nt(DefaultEmbeddor.java:424) at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.createCompone
>nts(DefaultEmbeddor.java:246) at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.initialize(De
>faultEmbeddor.java:130) at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.startup(CLIMain.java:128) at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:82) at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:64) at
> java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
> 	at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:54)
>
> I placed xml.jar and xerces.jar in the classpath and tried again, but got
> the same result.
>
> This was not a problem in the version obtained and built from CVS.
>
> I have, previously, removed all xml/xerces references from the classpath
> and the jre. There are still references on the file system for the
> Netbeans/forte.jboss installations. Only Netbeans runs on a regular basis,
> and is currently running.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Bill Logan

Cheers,