avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: Namespace implementation too XML-specific
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:33:47 GMT
On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:02:53AM +0100, Leo Sutic wrote:

> [...]

I see. I was thinking of a delegation model, with nested
ContentHandlers. When it is somehow determined that we've hit an XHTML
node, the ContentHandler that builds DOMs/JDOMs/whatever is triggered.
In jakarta-commons, there's a project called Latka that does exactly
this. It works pretty nicely.

> That is the purpose of adding a getValueAsDOM. (I also remember that
> the suggestion ended up on the scrap heap as "feature creep.")

As did Peter Donald's original request for namespace support, or so it
sounds.

> > Perhaps it's time to subclass Configuration?
> >
> > NamespaceConfiguration
> > AntNamespaceConfiguration
> > WriteableConfiguration
> > SemistructuredConfiguration
>
> Why settle for SemistructuredConfiguration: ChaoticConfiguration

Why not :)

But I meant "semistructured" in the sense Berin once used; allowing
mixed content, as opposed to "structured" where there's only elements.

--Jeff