avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ServerSocketFactory2
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:17:31 GMT
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:23, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >well most blocks should be using ConnectionManager and not worrying about
> >getting ServerSockets themselves. I would consider any app that did that
> > as one that is probaby building application at too raw a level. The only
> > Block that should really have access to server socket factorys is
> >ConnecttionManager.
>
> He he, I'm guilty of Cut and Paste development then.  Take a look at
> HelloWorld and bring it up to date?  I'll copy that code around.

eek. Looks like you do need to handle ServerSocket and friends. I guess I
never got around to uploading the other layer. The other layer was basically
inetd like. Essentially you just passed in name of service and factory for
handlers. So HelloWorld looks up todate with whats in CVS - I was just
thinking about something that I was playing with ages ago ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete