avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:34:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berin Loritsch" <bloritsch@apache.org>
To: "Avalon Developers List" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: docbook, fo and cocoon2

> Vincent Massol wrote:
> >
> > > The stylesheet is supposed to be able to convert from DocBook's notion
of
> > > widths to FO.  In fact, the conversion XSL came from the XSL:FO spec.
Use
> > > the '*' notation for proportional widths.  I.e. for one column to be
1/3
> > > the width and the other column to be 2/3 the total width, you would
use
> > this:
> > >
> > > <column width="*"/>
> > > <column width="2*"/>
> > >
> > > The stylesheet will take care of the rest.
> > >

> > yes, I agree but what I was saying is that it doesn't seem to work ...
some
> > recursive error happens ... Have you tried it ?
>
> No.  Can you provide a detailed error report?

doc:
     [java] Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
     [java] Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
     [java] Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
     [java] Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
     [java] Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): Unknown formatting object
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Form
at^simple-link
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
     [java] ERROR   10047   [fop     ] (): >
... (repeat an infinite number of times) ...

> > transformed

> I am not sure.  I assumed it would work, and found that it doesn't.  I
just
> haven't had the time to deal with it.

I have seen your bug report but no answer yet ...

> "Also, is there a cocoon flag to turn on so that I can see the
intermediate
> generated files (like the xml file resulting from the docbook2fo.xsl
> transformation) ? I know this is a cocoon question but you may have used
it"

> There is a LogTransformer that will send all the SAX events to a file of
your
> choosing.  You can then figure out what is going on from there.
>
> Alternatively, you can specify URLs that give you the pure XML results of
> each step.  IOW, instead of xx.pdf, you would use xx.xml, xx-fo.xml, etc.

thanks
-Vincent

<mailto:avalon-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>