avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: kernel services
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:45:23 GMT

Hi Miccea:

Mircea Toma [mailto:mirceatoma@home.com]
> Sent: Monday, 12 November, 2001 23:40
> To: Avalon Development
> Subject: kernel services
>

> Hi,
>
> We discussed a while ago about making kernel services available
> to blocks. I would like to implement that because as I understand
> Phoenix should work on a variety of platforms and by moving the
> code in the application space will make its deployment much more
> flexible.

Agreed.

> What I would like to know is if we want to restrict the access to
> available kernel services or just make the available if they are
> specified in .xinfo file?

I think we have to be more rigorous than that.  It seems to make sense to
use the same pattern of "dependency demand" / "service provision" that
exists between xinfo and the assembly.xml file, but applied to the kernel
and installed kernel services.

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell, OSM sarl
digital products for a global economy