avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: PhoenixServlet error (more problems)
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:49:20 GMT

> From: Stephen McConnell wrote:
> PhoenixServlet under Tomcat 4.0.1 seems to be running into problems.
> Can anyone confirm if this class has been tested recently with respect
> to the new "/ext" path addition within Phoenix 4.0b3?
>
> Here is the exception inside the servlet init method after calling
> super.init( conf ) into PhoenixServlet.
>

> 2001-11-23 02:33:10 XWEB: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: path element
> ..\ext must exist and must be a directory
[snip]

The problem here is that the PhoenixServlet causes the
PhoenixPackageRepository to do something with the extension directory
and the exception get thrown because the "ext" dir does not exist. It
would seem reasonable to change PhoenixPackageRepository to
check the existence of the "ext" dir before invoking 'setPath'.  The
quick and dirty solution is to create a ${tomcat}/ext directory.

This leads to the next problem.  PhoenixServelt invokes
execute on the SingleAppEmbeddor which causes the DefaultDeployer
to do its stuff, however there seems to be a failure here because the
configuration file doesn't get expanded and we end up with a
FileNotFoundException throw up from DefaultConfigurationBuilder.

Cheers, Steve.