avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: [Phoenix] Candidate release
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:32:16 GMT

Pete:

The build woks fine although there are couple of minor things that need
updating:

1. ant.properties.sample contains:

	# The path to xerces.jar
	#xerces.jar=${tools.dir}/lib/xerces.jar

   needs to be changed to:

	# The directory containing the xerces.jar file
	#xerces.dir=${tools.dir}/lib

	# The xerces.jar filename
	#xerces.file=xerces.jar

2. and the README file contans a statement that the distibution includes
   xerces.jar which is potentialy incorrect.  Here is a suggested
replacement:

  Distribution
  Distribution contains the following:
  -phoenix-engine.jar       The Phoenix kernel
  -phoenix-loader.jar       Phoenix loader

  Distributions built above JDK1.3 will include the following:
  -xerces.jar               Any SAX2 parser will work. By default xerces is
used.

Cheers, Steve.