avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rolf Arne Corneliussen" <rol...@online.no>
Subject [Excalibur] Timeout in JdbcConnectionPool
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:31:33 GMT
Hi,

when setting a timeout for the pool controller of a JdbcDataSource, I get a
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException with the message 'current thread not
owner'.  The obvious reason is that a call to wait inside newPoolable()
fails because my thread has not acuired the monitor of the
JdbcConnectionPool object.

This a snippet of my code:

  JdbcDataSource dataSource = new JdbcDataSource();

dataSource.setLogger(Hierarchy.getDefaultHierarchy().getLoggerFor("DataSourc
e"));
  dataSource.configure(config);
  dataSource.getConnection();

I am missing something here, about the context in which datasource must be
used?

Cheers,

Rolf Arne Corneliussen