avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <neeme.pr...@inpoc.com>
Subject getting configuration from ExcaliburTestCase
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:59:55 GMT

I need some configuration data in my TestCases.

What would be the best way to get this?
* First solution would be to write my own configuration loading code using
DefaultConfigurationBuilder. Not very re-usable...
* Second, and more preferable solution would be to add configure() method to
the ExcaliburTestCase class. The default implementation would be to do
nothing. That way we would achieve backward-compatibility and the people who
need to configure their TestCases can get their hands on some configuration
data by overriding the configure() method. Most probably the configuration
data that would be passed to the TestCase would be a separate element in
.xtest file.

Something like this:
<testcase>
    .... all the usual stuff used by ExcaliburTestCase ....
    <configuration>
        .... all the stuff passed to the configure()  method ....
    </configuration>
</testcase>

Would this be ok, if I would implement this?

Neeme