avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Neeme Praks" <neeme.pr...@inpoc.com>
Subject ExcaliburTestCase and Loggable components
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 04:52:49 GMT

If I configure the ExcaliburTestCase to set up the ComponenManager and some
Components for me, then ComponentManager should be setting the Logger on the
created Components as well, no?

Right now I have the following conf:
    <roles>
        <role name="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.xpath.XPathProcessor"
shorthand="xpath-processor"
default-class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.xml.xpath.XPathProcessorImpl"/>
        <role name="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.i18n.BundleSelector"
shorthand="bundle-selector"
default-class="org.apache.avalon.excalibur.i18n.BundleSelector"/>
    </roles>

When the ComponentManager is creating the BundleSelector component, I get an
NPE in .configure() method, because the logger is not set, .setLogger() is
not yet called.

Am I missing something or is it a bug? Probably me missing something...

Neeme