avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: DynamicProxy replacement.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 16:02:17 GMT
At 04:43 PM 10/19/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>>It would be very nice to be able to catch the exceptions that are
>>actually thrown. How do other users of phoenix deal with this problem? If
>>I have a service that throws a checked exception, the client of that
>>service has to handle it properly, but the handling code is never called
>>because the original exception never comes through, its the wrapped one.
>
>You can ask the InvokationTargetException what exception it contains. You
>just have to code in such a way that you know a proxy exists.

(forgive my naivety here...) but why do we have these proxies in the first
place? If I the block author is using a service that throws a checked
exception, why should I have to trap the checked exception *AND* an
InvocationTargetException and check to see if its contained exception is
the one i'm trapping? That seems to be a burden to me.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com