avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: DynamicProxy replacement.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 14:56:15 GMT
(I've deleted your original message Paul, but this just reached my
annoyance level so i thought i'd comment)

It would be very nice to be able to catch the exceptions that are actually
thrown. How do other users of phoenix deal with this problem? If I have a
service that throws a checked exception, the client of that service has to
handle it properly, but the handling code is never called because the
original exception never comes through, its the wrapped one.

Why do we have the dynamic proxies anyway? I'm guessing to enforce
separation between blocks & services?

If the BCEL would let us have the proxies AND the original exceptions, lets
have our cake and eat it too :)
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com