avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Jo! on Phoenix
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:41:13 GMT
Hendrik Schreiber, the author of the excellent webserver Jo! has added
Phoneix compatability as a feature.

The homepage for Jo! is http://www.tagtraum.com/jo.html

Hendrik is keen to see a release of Phoenix (he is more or less
compatabile with the latest CVS versions) *before* he lists the
availability of the sar download.  Actually that's the key point, he has
done all the work himself with almost no help from me and wants to keep
the code/libraries in his source tree.

As for features, this is a full webserver with full war file webapp
capability.  Not only that, but the deployment and undeployment of war
files for hosts are exposed as a service :

    public void deployWAR(String hostName, String name, String ctxPath,
String warUrl) throws Exception;
    public void undeployWAR(String hostName,String name) throws Exception;

This is a really significant development.  Hendrik is "away from desk"
for some days, but I'd like to be the first to welcome him to our
commmunity.

Given that 'SAR-INF/lib' introduced major changes to Phoenix, could we
think of another release and announcement?  The JAMES team might catch
up at that time too.

Regards,

- Paul H