avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <mong...@mongrel.homechoice.co.uk>
Subject Re: Deployment of Catalina/Bay hangs Phoenix
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2001 11:59:11 GMT
Peter,

>>>ug.
>>>
>>I'm so stupid.  It's because the SAR file is 4.8Mb in size.  Repeated
>>traversal for resources and classes must be killing the machine, though
>>I am still running tests.
>>

>It still should work fine. Will have a look at it.

:-)

Unzip the Catalina nightly as "jakarta-tomcat-4.0" into the bay
directory before bulding.

Listen, can I add ....

    URLStreamHandlerFactory getDefaultURLStreamHandlerFactory();

... to BlockContext?  I propose adding as deprecated to discourage use
until we can work out how to fix complex classloading bugs.  I really
need this because I have big problems with Jesktop (which used to work
fine) and now Bay - they both try to mount their own classloaders.

Regards,

- Paul H