avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Classloader thoughts?
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:58:42 GMT
Serge,

How up to date is JAMES?  Do you bar files and lib/*.jar files still get
extracted?

>Again in JAMES... I've noticed some weird behavior I can't quite figure out
>(or figure out how to better figure out).  In a class that's loaded in
>james.bar (in the apps/blocks directory that's extracted from james.sar), I
>call Class.forName(myClassName).newInstance().  However, it doesn't seem to
>want to load the class unless I have it in that james.bar file.  Is there a
>way I can load classes that are there OR in dist/apps/james/lib OR in

Wil Another class that is in the bar file. do
getClass().getClassLoader(), with that classloader try to findClass(..)
it there and newInstance() that.  I'm not sure it will fix your problem,
but you newver know...

>dist/lib?
>
>Also, is there a way I can add a dist/classes directory (or
>dist/apps/james/classes) and pull classes from there as well?

You mean a post boot installation of classes?  or something else?

>(or point me towards where the classloader are for the bars/sars)

See above.

Regards,

- Paul H